Everyone gets anxious at times, right? But what if the anxiety or stress is taking over your life? What if you have already tried therapy or medication and it didn’t help?
Over the years I have learned that everyone is different when it comes to anxiety. What helps one person may not be right at all for someone else. I like to really get to know my clients, build a warm and trusting relationship, so that we can tailor our treatment just exactly to your needs.
There are so many things we can do to help you feel better and more in control of your life again. I’m trained in EMDR therapy, IFS, CBT, ACT, breathwork–I even became a certified yoga teacher so I could share more skills and techniques with my clients! I also collaborate with a physician who is especially skilled in helping people with anxiety, something more than just handing you a prescription for Xanex.
There is a lot you can learn and do that will help you regain some peace and equilibrium.
If you suffer from anxiety or serious stress, you are probably familiar with some of these symptoms:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Upsetting feelings and memories from the past
If you are suffering from anxiety and you are willing to work actively and collaboratively with me to get on top of it, I invite you to get in touch.